Grassroots Campaigns Jobs Info Table
(JOB & INTERNSHIP RECRUITING)
3 Year(s) 12 Month(s) 2 Day(s) ago
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Anna Klein (
Grassroots Campaigns is looking to interview students for open positions as Assistant Canvas Directors and Field Managers (see job descriptions below). There is no better time get involved and shape the next generation of activists that will take this country in a more progressive direction and see change on issues that matter now.
Adriana Meza, a recruiter from Grassroots Campaigns will be on Hampshire campus next week!
Wednesday, March 27th
10:00am - 2:00pm - Info Table in the Library by the Magic Board
3:00pm and 5:00pm - Info Session and candidate interviews, Library 2nd Floor, Bradford Room
Students who are interested in these positions should apply directly to:
ATTENTION: If you’re not graduating this year, but still interested in getting involved, Grassroots Campaigns is also hiring students for full time SUMMER JOB positions. To find out more and to apply visit
Adriana will be at Hampshire College Wednesday, March 27th, 2013. This is an excellent way for you to learn more about the opportunities before a potential interview and hear about the positions available first-hand. Adriana encourages all to attend, and bring a friend!
ASSISTANT CANVAS DIRECTORS
· Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
· Staff Management: Teach canvassing/fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
· Canvassing: Canvass in the field for four days per week, to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
· Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Manage the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
Strong communication and motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential. Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership ability and experience handling a lot of responsibility. Strong self-direction and the ability to take initiative are also necessary qualifications. Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify candidates for additional leadership positions.
Newly hired directors will typically spend three weeks doing field training, working intensely alongside experienced directors and will also attend week-long national classroom training. Additionally, directors receive support from regional management staff throughout their time on staff. After one year in the position, staff will have learned the basics of running a successful grassroots campaign, including, but not limited to, fundraising and donor recruitment, hiring and supervising staff and/or volunteers, and turf management.
Positions last through August of 2014. Campaign hours can run 80-100 hours per week, including work on weekends.
Annual salary for Assistant Canvass Directors begins at $24,000. Staff may opt into our health care plan (PPO). Paid training, vacation and sick days are included; student loan assistance is available.
Timing and Location:
Positions are available beginning post-graduation, in cities nationwide (MA, NY, PA, IL, NM, MO, NC, CO, CA, WA, OR, TX, FL and Washington, D.C.). Ask Adriana for details.
· Train new staff:
-You will train staff out in the field by demonstrating canvassing skills for the new staff person
-In the office, you will help run workshops to focus on specific skills to develop the new staff's confidence in the work and the campaign.
· Manage 2-6 staff -including setting and accountability of goals improving canvassing skills and providing motivation for the team to do well.
-Set goals according to individual performance of staff
-Lead canvassers to various neighborhoods working with them to hit team goals
-Meet with team at the end of the day for results and report back to directors
· Keep track of logistics for canvassing
· Exemplify high standards by being on the highest averaging canvassers in the office
· Be responsible for tracking and cashing in funds raised on the daily basis
· Develop and implement a strategy to hit all office goals
· Motivated by office goals, willingness to work hard and make things happen
· Good communication skills
· Committed to leading by example
· Extremely professional and responsible
· May include initial 'classroom' style training
· Shadow director or experienced FMs to get more hands-on experience
· Receive follow up training in office as well as from director feedback
FM PAY: FMs receive an additional $5.00 - $8.00 a day for field managing.
Contact Adriana Meza at (413) 345-2642 or email@example.com
Library, 1st Floor, by Magic Board
© 2006 eXtrovert Software LLC. All rights reserved.