Boston's 17th Annual Diversity Employment Day Career Fair -
The career fair is Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at the Wyndham Boston at Beacon Hill (5 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114) from 11 AM – 3 PM.
Over 50+ Boston's major employers like: Digital Prospectors, Marriott, Cambridge Savings Bank, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, CBS TV & RADIO Boston, P3I Incorporated, Franciscan Children’s, MIT, Merrill Lynch, Acushnet Golf, Travelers Insurance, DoubleTree by Hilton, Ameriprise Financials and MANY more with hundreds of jobs and career positions from entry to professional level, will be hiring.
Admission for candidates is FREE and Open to the PUBLIC! Bring plenty of resumes and business attire is required.
Planning for Graduate School for 2018 or Beyond
Facilitated by Carin Rank, CORC Director and Grad School Advisor
Are you considering grad school in your future? Learn about the process, including:
• timelines for applications and how to plan your application cycle
• what you could do before you leave campus
• tips for writing the personal statement
• how to be considered for fellowships and assistantships
Strategies to Best Utilize LinkedIn and Hampshire Alumni for a Successful Job Search
Facilitated by Stephanie Brown 08F, a LinkedIn Superstar and Instructor for Hampshire’s Summer TESOL course; with guest speaker, Melissa Mills-Dick, 01F, Director of Alumni and Family Relations
Learn strategies to find and connect with Alumni and to utilize LinkedIn most effectively to:
• get noticed
• put your best foot forward
• learn the ins and outs of utilizing the most effective LinkedIn resource
• learn more about the Hampshire Frogbook Alumni Directory, and how to use it effectively
Applying for a Fulbright as a Div III or as an Alum
Facilitated by Carin Rank, CORC Director and Fulbright Advisor
US citizens can apply to the US Fulbright Student Program for 5 years or so beyond graduation. If you are considering applying and want a review of steps or have not attended an info meeting, this is for you!
Learn about the Fulbright Fellowship, for 9-12 months of funding in over 140 countries, including:
• options for a research or art project, study program or English teaching assistant.
• the Hampshire timeline
• where to start as you’re planning your application
• special program that has just opened in Brazil for English teaching
Facilitated by Val Gilman, Career Advisor, Artist, and Coach
Do you hate that question- “What are you going to do after graduation?”
Wherever you are in your thinking about what is next and what you want to do with your life, this workshop will help you:
• clarify your job or career desires and what you might be happy doing
• know how and why to network
• understand some specific tools and strategies to research career paths and job opportunities
• write resumes and cover letters that are directed to a particular opportunity
• learn how CORC can be useful as an alum